swabbie question

MBVette

So I just had to really clean up my swabbie for the first time (holy crap was that disgusting)

Is there anyway to get the whole swabbie from the tank to the sink w/o unplugging it from the controller? I couldnt figure one out so I had to bring a bucket and some towels and wiped the thing down, instead of just being able to run some water through it. Any ideas on this?

...holy crap...

How appropriate.

Is there anyway to get the whole swabbie from the tank to the sink w/o unplugging it from the controller? I couldnt figure one out so I had to bring a bucket and some towels and wiped the thing down, instead of just being able to run some water through it. Any ideas on this?

How about putting a short extension cord in? Or cut the existing cord and add a plug and socket on the cut ends? This way, you can forego the unthreading of the long cord and just unplug the skimmer lid up close.

How appropriate.

How about putting a short extension cord in? Or cut the existing cord and add a plug and socket on the cut ends? This way, you can forego the unthreading of the long cord and just unplug the skimmer lid up close.

Just make sure a standard, non-waterproof extension cord connection isn't above your sump where water or salt creep could potentially get it.