need help with light recomendations

pizzaguy

I am ready to purchase a light for my new rimless build. Need help choosing a light. It is 24x24x24 reef savvy. Any help would be appreciated.

Soft at first but eventually some hard coral when I get better educated on the water parameters and feel like I can keep it under control. Don't want to buy another light later so this one needs to be capable from the start.

For a square rimless, I am assuming you want a pendant of some kind for the "look." so I would look at LED or MH. The Maxspect LED is getting good reviews for a good light at a good value. For a MH, you could do a single 250W and get good coverage. I like the look and shimmer of a MH over the LED (but some go the opposite way), so I'd do the MH pendant.

I thought about the kessil but not crazy about having to adjust knobs all the time for color variation. Not out of the question just undecided so far.

I thought about the kessil but not crazy about having to adjust knobs all the time for color variation. Not out of the question just undecided so far.

set it and forget it. if it's not quite right, tweak it. You can't tweak a halide except with a hammer.

I'm really leaning toward led. Only reason is I have a 150 gallon now with halides and wanted to try something different. Not unhappy with halides just a lot of heat.

I had AI LED over my 45G Cube (24x24x18) and that was enough for my corals (mostly zoas, but I had a few LPS and SPS) and I use them to max 40% (white) 60% (blue) (60% royal blue)