1" loc-line?

MBVette

Going through and trying to figure out the final details of my tank setup. I am going to have 2 1" return lines and I know that loc-line does not make 1" fittings. What should I use in lue of loc-line?

I have seen this flow accelerator, is it basically the same thing?

http://www.marinedepot.com/Pacific_Coast_Flow_Accelerator_1in_MPT_Flexible_Ball_Socket_Tubing_Plumbing_Parts-Pacific_Coast_Imports-FT0033-FIFTFB-FT0035-vi.html

If not what would you recommend that I use?

Going through and trying to figure out the final details of my tank setup. I am going to have 2 1" return lines and I know that loc-line does not make 1" fittings. What should I use in lue of loc-line?

I have seen this flow accelerator, is it basically the same thing?

http://www.marinedepot.com/Pacific_Coast_Flow_Accelerator_1in_MPT_Flexible_Ball_Socket_Tubing_Plumbing_Parts-Pacific_Coast_Imports-FT0033-FIFTFB-FT0035-vi.html

If not what would you recommend that I use?

I'd recommend that you reduce your 1" returns at the end and use 3/4 loc-line. That will allow you to still adjust the output direction later.

How is your overflow going to be done. Mine was in the face of the overflow and the builder put a 1" bulkhead there instead of a 3/4" bulkhead. I bought something similar from premium aquatics since it has a 1" female end that screwed right into the bulkhead. The other end was 3/4" locline.

If your running the returns over the overflow box or through the side of the tank, i would reduce it to 3/4" pipe and run locline. It will increase the flow since your going to be running 1" pipe off the pump and then reducing to locline.

If you want to see mine, your more then welcome to come by again. I will be around tomorrow working on the tank.

My setup is that I will have an exterior overflow box on the left with 3 1.5" drains using a "bean animal" type setup. Then on the right side of the tank I will have 2 1" returns that I plan to use mostly for surface agitation pushing the surface right -> left towards the overflow and I will use 3 MP40's for the flow within the tank.

So I just need to be able to bend the return a bit and angle them so that they will provide that surface agitation.

If you plan to use the returns for surface agitation, I am not sure that you want to use either a flow accelerator or downsize to 3/4" (salt spray, etc)

I bought 6 1.5" lot-line segments from Oceansmotion. Even though Paul there custom makes them per order, they weren't too expensive (I think ~ $30 each). 1" would likely be a bit cheaper. You will be able to specify M/F fitting and either slip/thread. Mine are the standard 3 locline links. He uses PVC Sch 80, so they are a nice color of grey.

I tried to pull up the http link for you, but looks as though they are revamping their website. His e-mail for direct contact: paul@oceansmotions.com

HTH. Looking forward to your build.

Steve