What is it????

NYfan78

I agree it is ricordia. I also agree with getting that bubble algae out of there. Even if you pop them and pull them out with tweezers it is better than leaving them in there.

It will get bigger and may choose to detach itself from its current position if it feels it is not getting enough light... just be ready for that incase.. they tend to float all over, lol

other than that it just sits there looking pretty biggrin.gif

If it detaches itsself and starts to float around, what do i do? attach it with some glue?

I'd worry less about the ric and more about the bubble algae. It will take over your tank.

Rics can't be glued. They need to be put in a small tupperware, on some rubble, given a couple weeks to attach on their own; then you can glue the rubble somewhere in your tank.

One way to get rid of bubble algae that worked for me is to take the rock out of the tank, and gently pry it off with a toothpick. Try not to puncture the bubble as it will release more spores. If you leave it alone, it will spread all over your live rock.

I have a good size Emerald crab but he stays on the sand bed for the most part. never seen him climb over the rocks.

And it deflates at night when the lights are off.

Did i mention it moves on its own too. i dont think its the current moving it!