Third Angelfish not eating.

Jan

(edited)

Now he's dropped to the bottom of the tank and is lying up against the glass. Just like the first fish. His breathing is not as fast, but it is labored. It's going to die....

I still have two in the freezer. If anyone wants to do a autopsy, they're welcome to them.

Edited by Jan

It's over! The Coral Farm supervisor is a really great guy. He's helped as best he can, but I'm not getting another fish from them. If i can't get them from Sean, then I'm not getting them at all.

This is a travesty! I'm guilty of contributing by purchasing. A fish this size needs to stay in the Ocean! It will very rarely adapt to captivity, if ever. I'm very sorry.

IMAG0905.jpg

IMAG0906.jpg

(edited)

Thanks, Tom. I'm sorry for these gorgeous fish.

See the spot under it's mouth? Looks like hemorrhaging. A spot like this on a human would be called petechiae. In humans it can be caused by sepsis or from diving. It could also be a parasite on this fish. It wasn't there when I got the fish.

Sent an email about the fishes condition to LA. I told the coral farm supervisor that this fish was acting just like the spot breast I got. I was told to treat with Prazi or do a fresh water dip for parasites, if I felt the was strong enough to withstand it. It crossed my mind, but if it had parasites and they were in the gills it would have died from damage just like the spot breast did.

Liveaquaria does not treat their fish unless they are exhibiting signs and symptoms. As I posted in another thread this is the information I got from everyone including the coral farm supervisor who oversees all operation for care of all livestock.

QT everything you get from them as well as from Divers Den. Albeit Divers Den QT and treatment procedures in Wisconsin are spot on, but I would not take any chances. They recommend the same.

QT for observation. If you see anything not right, call them right away. I suggest taking pictures as well.

Edited by Jan