Romping Stomping Pets and Aquatics

MLazar

Jon and I finally made out a trip to Romping Stomping Pets and Aquatics based on Roni's recommendation. The owner, Linda, is an incredibly pleasant gal who is more than happy to price anything you're interested in and order it for you if she doesn't have it.

She is currently running a POWER OUTAGE FISH RECOVERY SALE - buy one, get one at 50% off. The sale was supposed to end today but she will hold it over until tomorrow, Monday Jul 9, close of business, for WAMAS members. You can call her, visit her website, or her FB page, to get pricing and availability. Linda is not currently stocking corals, but plans are in the works to add them.

Here's Linda's information:

Romping Stomping Pets and Aquatics

13279 King's Highway, Suite 1, King George, VA.

(540) 775-7745

saltwatersanctuary@yahoo.com

http://www.rompingstompingpets.com

When we called to check availability for specific fish Linda mentioned the sale (and also that there were a bunch of Richmond Reefer folks there....... ) and what she didn't have she would order and honor the sale. She held our fish for us, which I thought was pretty nice as she didn't know us.

The inventory was pretty picked over when we got there, but we came home with several fish, and placed an order for several more.

Its a small storefront, very friendly. Her prices were darn good.

She's only 10 minutes from Colonial Beach and the Boardwalk and several highly rated restaurants. So in cooler whether it can be a date day for us that includes more than just fish stores and Lowes or Home Depot!

I highly recommend checking her out sometime. Call first to see what she has.

Thank you Tom!

Great first impression. She has lots of plans..... we'll see how they come to fruition.

• 5 months later...

Thank you Tom!

Great first impression. She has lots of plans..... we'll see how they come to fruition.

This place has some serious issues. I heard that the owner is sick again and not very involved. I have been by serveral times only to find them closed during posted hours. Only have been in twice, where I found a very dirty, disorganized store, disgusting tanks and a girl that did not have a clue about any of the animals. Sorry to post this but it is not worth the gas money or bridge toll if coming via 301. I was looking forward to a store within 20 minutes of my house, but thats not the case as of this point. I will go back later and hopefully edit this post to a positive one.