180 Gallon Reef Tank for sale

Marc

(edited)

Hello,

Unfortunately I have to quit this hobby due to a very serious foot problem and I can no longer keep up with the maintenance. I live in northern virginia and I am not looking to make a great deal of money. Please let me know if you are interested and I can send you pictures and we can discuss a price for the tank. It is now clean and in my garage waiting for a new owner to come pick it up and start a new reef. It is rectangular, in great shape, and it would make someone very happy. Asking $500 OBO

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Marc

Edited by Coral Hind
Price added

Marc. It sounds like you're getting out of the hobby. Can you post a baseline price of what you hope to get? Does it come with a stand? Is it reef ready or drilled or not-drilled? Canopy? Lights? Etc.

• 8 months later...

I am so sorry that I never responded to your questions. Yes this is a reef ready tank. I purchased it new in 2008 for much more than 2K. It was expensive but it is a fantastic tank. Now it has the normal wear and tear a tank would experience. There are micro scratches that are from cleaning the tank of algie. All of the micro scratches completely disappear when the tank is filled with salt water. The tank literally looks brank new.

This is an awesome chance for someone who is looking for a large tank to pick one up at a great price. As I said before I have a very bad foot and I can't keep up with the cleaning that is required for a beautuful salt water environment. I have a base but it is not beautiful. I created mohogany facades for it and covered the base and lights but that has been reused for other projects as mohogany is very hard to come by. I will include the base for no charge as they are hard to come by. It is really functional as it will hold the weight of the tank and all your equipment. It has a waterproof base to catch any small water drops that occur from cleaning or maintenance. Please send me an email if you have any questions.

Marc

The price is really best offer. I would like to see it go for over 500 dollars and that would be a bargin for someone. I will see what type of response I get and go from there. I hope that is sufficient information.

• 3 months later...