Who's going to pull the trigger?

That's a 10-day diving trip to Raja Ampat... I'd rather go diving...

That fish is beautiful but it ain't $3000 worth of beautiful. Fish World down in Richmond had one of those in their store a couple of months ago I believe it sold for about the same price.

That sounds much better to me too!!

If the fish is rare enough to bring that kind of a price then it shouldn't even be collected.

That fish is beautiful but it ain't $3000 worth of beautiful. Fish World down in Richmond had one of those in their store a couple of months ago I believe it sold for about the same price.

If it was at Fish World, the price is whatever they assess you can pay...It's never the same price :)

If the fish is rare enough to bring that kind of a price then it shouldn't even be collected.

I don't think they are that rare, just rare near the major collecting stations. They help offset the cost of collecting and shipping some of the more commonplace fish.

I should clarify... that's a 10-day LIVEABOARD dive trip in Raja Ampat. Yeah... I'm going diving. :laugh:

Someone should have asked Bob Fenner how much the collector gets paid. That would be interesting.

If you go diving make it worth it and bring back 3 extra! Sell them to pay for your trip!

:biggrin:

LOL I dont think I would EVER buy a fish thats more than $300... but thats me...

I don't think I would ever pay more than 50 for a fish but that's me....