Ecotech Radion Guru Needed

yauger

no doubt, will do... I wanna give some frags as a thank you anyways.

That's a darn good idea right there! I was wondering how I could show my appreciation to all of the folks who have given me help with my new tank. I was going to buy some gift certificates to a vendor of their choice, but maybe giving away frags would work! Lord knows I can frag the tub blues; candy apple reds; other zoa's, etc, and they will cover frag plugs in a matter of weeks.

you can do this? if so I need to lean how to do this. even though I still wouldn't turn red colors on...

wait - you won't turn it on, EVEN when you're not home? lame. :tongue:

go to artificial mode. you have to add points to the graph. say you want to run the lights at 20k 9am-9pm. and you want 6 hours of 100% intensity. you'd add points like this:

9am (automatic point that starts the day)

12pm (100% 20k)

6pm (100% 20k)

9pm (automatic point that ends the day)

This way, the lights would slowly ramp up from 9am-12pm from 0-100% intensity; run for 6 hours; then slowly ramp down from 100% to 0% from 6pm-9pm.

Now if you want, you can go to the points at 12pm and 6pm, and drop the red to 0 or raise it to 100%. I recommend 12k, and just drop red to 0. That's 100% blue, blue, white, green. Or if you want to run SOME red, you could add another point at, say, 3pm, and have the 12pm and 3pm points with 100% red; and the 6pm with 0% red. this way you'd have 0 red all day and night, except for 12pm-3pm. Etc.

That's a darn good idea right there! I was wondering how I could show my appreciation to all of the folks who have given me help with my new tank. I was going to buy some gift certificates to a vendor of their choice, but maybe giving away frags would work! Lord knows I can frag the tub blues; candy apple reds; other zoa's, etc, and they will cover frag plugs in a matter of weeks.

Ill bet you saved the aefw's just for me didnt you.!

Seriously, were all here to help each other out and be supportive. When my tank broke, Josh was the first person to call and offer me help. We have been friends since that day. Though its a nice jesture to offer gifts, its not necessary. We all share the same passion for the hobby, and we all want to see each other succeed. Even though we may joke and poke at people, mainly Ryan, its really in the best of ways. I know I would happily help most people in this club any day.

Ok sorry for the off topic rant. BACK TO LED TALK... YAY .!!

wait - you won't turn it on, EVEN when you're not home? lame. :tongue:

go to artificial mode. you have to add points to the graph. say you want to run the lights at 20k 9am-9pm. and you want 6 hours of 100% intensity. you'd add points like this:

9am (automatic point that starts the day)

12pm (100% 20k)

6pm (100% 20k)

9pm (automatic point that ends the day)

This way, the lights would slowly ramp up from 9am-12pm from 0-100% intensity; run for 6 hours; then slowly ramp down from 100% to 0% from 6pm-9pm.

Now if you want, you can go to the points at 12pm and 6pm, and drop the red to 0 or raise it to 100%. I recommend 12k, and just drop red to 0. That's 100% blue, blue, white, green. Or if you want to run SOME red, you could add another point at, say, 3pm, and have the 12pm and 3pm points with 100% red; and the 6pm with 0% red. this way you'd have 0 red all day and night, except for 12pm-3pm. Etc.

yeah broski, I might need ya to come over to show me that one...

wow trockafella showing a sensitive side? ryan I guess you bring out the bright colors in his eyes! hahaha

btw if you're giving away some colorful zoas add my name to the list!! umm I was the guy who encouraged you to sell me your tank!

all in all trockafella is right, you've already paid your membership so don't worry and be happy...

oh yes I did reference that song...

and yes I still wouldn't run the reds when I'm not home... 1 it's the principle of the matter, and 2 I would be worried about if "Vinnie" my bulldog eyes would get hurt from staring at red all day.

Those red light studies were done under only red light we know for shore that the amount of red from the radium

is ok because it mimics radium levels.

The only real question is what is the red light level that becomes toxic to sps.

10K-MH have much higher levels then a radium yet grow sps at much faster rates then 20k mh.....