Need some tank input

zoltarblue

Might have a small problem but not sure so looking for advice. Last week I had a SPS I had from Divers Den RTN in lest then two days. Today I just got home and another SPS is RTNing and my Elegance is not open. Here are all the tank parameters I just did them. Also did a water change last week I do them every two.

Salinity right at 1.025

Water Temp- 78.6

Phospahtes .09

PH 8.0

Nitirite 0

Nitrate 0

Calcium a bit low today but nothing critical 380

KH 10

Magnesium 1320

Amonia .25 on the test kit This is the only thing I see out of wack

Going to do a water change but could a slight jump in Ammonia cause the RTN or Elegance not to open. All other SPS and coral and fish are fine. Ammonia was 0 last week before I did the water change also. Any advice on what to do or opinions is greatly appreciated

I would say the ammonia. Also, what are you checking your salinity with? Maybe recalibrate a refractometer or try another hydrometer if that is what you are using? All the other results look good and I doubt the drop in calcium would do that.

I would say the ammonia. Also, what are you checking your salinity with? Maybe recalibrate a refractometer or try another hydrometer if that is what you are using? All the other results look good and I doubt the drop in calcium would do that.

Using the kits you guys ordered.for.me. never had a issue.with them. Also using the refractometer that Greg ordered.I calibrate it.each water.change. any thoughts.on why ammonia would jump from zero to .25 after eight months?

Is the RTNing from the bottom up or top down? Have you changed or added anything lately, like some GFO or GAC, or new light bulbs? Check your RO/DI water for ammonia. I would add a product like Prime to lock up the ammonia.

TDS says Rodi is 0.00. Have not added anything new like pumps lights etc. Using SOL Blues have not altereted the intensity at all. RTN on both the pieces started like on the underside of all the stalks and spread quickly. Not running GFO or Carbon. Really perplexing. My red table is getting bigger daily as is my garf and other SPS. Doing a water change today. Elegance did not open at all today its in its shell.

Checked for the worms and bugs. made sure I dipped when they came in two months ago as well. If it was eiher it would have shown sooner then 2 months wouldnt it? Did a water change will see if Elegance perks up tomorrow