What effects Polyp extension on Acros?

rocko918

Well to be honest it's not that easy to see with ur eye. It was really only talking about the brk aussie. The others were to show I don't have redbugs.

Something else I just thought off. When my corals grow fast I have less PE then when the growth is slowed and the tissue is darker in color. I wonder if the stretching tissue has any affect on PE or not.

Something else I just thought off. When my corals grow fast I have less PE then when the growth is slowed and the tissue is darker in color. I wonder if the stretching tissue has any affect on PE or not.

interesting. it is one of my fast growing acros.

• 1 year later...

I noticed a big difference in polyp extension on my SPS's, 2 day's after I started dosing 1ml of vinegar on a daily basis... The water was cristal clear, never seen it like that before.

Man I love this austera too! Too bad an angelfish took to it and along with fluctuating alk mine went to junk. I will be lucky to save a piece. Anyone have any pieces of it left?

I suspect that your coral is getting all of the energy that it needs that's why it is growing fast and not showing much polyp extension. If it needed more light or food it would need more PE to get the energy that it needs. Every coral is different as for what normal PE is but you said that it used to have more PE but lately it is less.