BC29 lighting upgrade

tomtom2245

Well I just pulled the trigger on updating my BC29 lighting. It was time to replace my T5 bulbs so instead of buying a whole new set of them, I just decided to go LED. I have a Rapid LED DIY fixture over my 40B and love it so I decided to go that route again. I ordered their 24LED retrofit kit for Biocubes with a 14 Royal blue and 10 Cool White mixture. I'll be sure to post pics and keep updating once everything comes in.

I have a similar tank. You will want to add more blue. The white is very powerful. I have 10 white and 23 blue on my cube. You could do 8 white and 16 blue? You will like the Rapid LED's. You are more than welcome to look at my tank if you want. It has been running for over a year on LED's. I have 24 XP-E LED's accented with 9 XR-E regular blue LED's.

I have a similar tank. You will want to add more blue. The white is very powerful. I have 10 white and 23 blue on my cube. You could do 8 white and 16 blue? You will like the Rapid LED's. You are more than welcome to look at my tank if you want. It has been running for over a year on LED's. I have 24 XP-E LED's accented with 9 XR-E regular blue LED's.

I can attest that this 29g biocube has amazing led lighting. super bright!

I had a similar combo on my biocube and it was good. I added a few neutral whites in place of a few cool whites. You can always swap LEDs out to suit your needs.

Project Phoenix in progress