can't stop moving things

Rick Mccl

I think I'm becoming addicted to rearranging the tank.. I don't even have all the rock in it yet and I keep moving things around.. there just has to be a nice, natural-looking arrangement that displays all of the interesting things on this rock... Last night, I turned one piece around and found some coral polyps.. turned another piece around and found a porcelain crab.. but I *STILL* can't find "Mister Clicky", I hope it's a pistol shrimp and not a mantis!

This is a brand new setup, right? Put your hands in the tank and keep experimenting until you get something you really like.

Once you start loading your tank up with critters I would mess with it less so you don't upset things too much. But for now, go to town!

I am the same way, buy I have fought the urge to rearrange stuff since I have live stock in there now.

I haven't seen my tiger pistol shrimp since I put him in a week ago. I hope he is alive but who knows.

I've wanted to tear away the rock and move the sand to find it,but find I have to keep smacking my hands.

Edited by .OptimusPrime.

My Randals Goby went missing for 2 weeks after putting him in my new tank. Lifted every rock to find him but nothing. A week later he and my Candy pistol shrimp were out and about.

I spot most of my missing livestock when feeding.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Hahaha!!! It's comes with the bite. I don't know one person that doesn't put there hands in their tank at least 1 day a week for one thing or another. I'm in my tanks everyday. Seriously. If you ever stop by you'll get a wet handshake.

Edited by Jan

I think I'm becoming addicted to rearranging the tank.. I don't even have all the rock in it yet and I keep moving things around.. there just has to be a nice, natural-looking arrangement that displays all of the interesting things on this rock... Last night, I turned one piece around and found some coral polyps.. turned another piece around and found a porcelain crab.. but I *STILL* can't find "Mister Clicky", I hope it's a pistol shrimp and not a mantis!

If you find it's a mantis, and do not want it, let me know. I will be happy to take him off your hands :cool:

pack an empty snail shell w/ mysis and clams etc. and drop it in. Then watch and wait. You'll have to be very still as well. If it's a mantis, he'll come out looking for it and take it into his den to eat. You'll probably hear him smashing it open in there as well.

fwiw: I'm putting my money on a mantis. pistol shrimps typically only click when they feel threatened. whereas a mantis will smash at the glass and rocks just looking for something to eat.