Anybody work with glass?

Fazio92

Hey Everyone,

So, I had a glass restoration guy come out and sand/polish out all the coraline etching in my 330gal that I have been trying to setup for the past few months. All the etching was removed and I test filled to ensure it still held water :wacko: , but I have now been waiting for that guy to come back for the final polish now for 1.5months!! It's really not that noticeable, but "I" know its there, even when filled (e.g., swirl marks, scuffs, slight haze), due to his quick polish after the sanding. Just wanted to see if anyone around here does this kind of work so i can get it finished and fill this thing? All it needs is the cerium oxide polish over; which i would do myself, but I don't have a random orbital buffer etc... I did try a windshield kit that Tom lent me before i had the glass guy come out that used a drill and small 2-3" pad, but that took forever (2 panes of glass. 96"x25" & 33"x25"). I think it would be best accomplished with an orbital buffer and 6-7" pad to be effective. If anyone does this for a living please let me know as i can't stare at this tank any longer (without water, corals and fish at least :biggrin: ). Thanks in advance!

-Anthony

orbital buffers are cheap- go buy one.

yeah, i was thinking about it, but having a professional do it is also a nice peace of mind. I don't want to end up creating more scratches that i can't fix. That is my last option right now, but not ruling it out.