crystal sea marine salt

wvreef

has anyone ever used this salt if so can I get some feed back as to see if you like or dislike this salt

thanks

We use the bioassay formula.(not exclusively). Its quick dissolving and easy on the wallet. Our livestock hasn't had major issues either. Not to mention theyre somewhat local. Bmore.

Not used it, but Sean at Aquaco used it a while back and liked it. As saltwaterworx said, it's a local salt from a manufacturer in Baltimore. There was some concern six years ago about higher than average heavy metals in Bioassay. From this article,

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/11/aafeature1

the Boron levels were also higher than average. This can lead to higher pH and alkalinity readings while not providing alk usable by corals.

True indeed. When I was first starting out, Crystal Sea was a no-no regardless of price. Ive even heard of entire bad batches of it being delivered to retailers/wholesalers alike. Over the last few years I have been successful in maintaining quite a few aquariums with it. (knocking on wood) It MAY be worth giving a shot.

after reading the article I think I will stay away from this salt.....

thanks all for youe input and the article on this salt

after reading the article I think I will stay away from this salt.....

thanks all for youe input and the article on this salt

Good choice, I have had bad luck with it. The low cost is attractive especially when you go through as much salt as we do, but then end result was not good in one major personal crash.

john