Centreville Aquarium

newtoreef

Am I the only one here had a bad experience with Centreville Aquarium??? I decided to give this store another chance but now I give up. When I first started to look around and visit local stores to see if I really wanted to get involved to this hobby I had a not so good experience there. David don't know if he is the owner or not was quite rude when I was trying to get some info about salt water tanks and checking for prices of different items... well that day I said to myself if I ever get involved on this I am not coming back here. I just didn't fell like given my money to that store. well couple weeks ago I decided to give another chance and today I was really disappointed with the same guy one more time.. I put my name down on the list for a blue tang and I was waiting for a little over two weeks. Today I got a call the got one and I was pretty happy. Told the guy that called I will be there as soon as I am done with work. Well went there and guess what he sold for somebody else that just stop by. Maybe I am over reacting but David was definitely unprofessional again and had the guts to say " if you want you can put your name on the list again.." well I don't think so...

I've actually had bad experiences with Centreville Aquarium as well. I just got the vibe that Dave is doing you a favor by helping you out. Definitely unprofessional.

I have never had a bad experience there, and I have been lots of times. I always find the place to be very clean, very good prices and I actually find Dave to be a pretty nice guy. He has always been friendly and nice to me, though I am not a very needy customer by any means.

Never been there, was actually planning on going there on Friday to check it out.....blush.gif

I go there often, just to look at things when i'm bored. Place is pretty clean and well maintained 95% of the time. I always get asked "can i help you" at least once by Dave personally. He answers questions nicely and clearly if I ask. And I've been there for years... They also do 10% off for WAMAS on livestock. Maybe he just had a bad day...

There are plenty of great vendors out your way- brk, aquatic obsession, even fins and feathers isn't too far from you.

BRK is a great store. Got to check aquatic obession and fins out soon! thanks for the heads up

I've actually had bad experiences with Centreville Aquarium as well. I just got the vibe that Dave is doing you a favor by helping you out. Definitely unprofessional.

Yeap I got the same vibe... The girl with long hair that works there is super professional and helpful but she is not always there...

I go there often, just to look at things when i'm bored. Place is pretty clean and well maintained 95% of the time. I always get asked "can i help you" at least once by Dave personally. He answers questions nicely and clearly if I ask. And I've been there for years... They also do 10% off for WAMAS on livestock. Maybe he just had a bad day...

I didn't know about the discount but they do have good prices and I like to support the local business if I can... but what a shame...:(

I guess we're just high maintenance :)

Sorry, didnt mean it that way. I pretty much like to be left alone in the stores. I often do internet research from my phone bc most of the chuckle heads who work there dont know anything. Im not mad about that, I understand needing employees but not having the budget to keep marine biologists around. Therefore its easier to find the info on my own. Speaking of that, last time I was there one kid working referred to a green mandarin as a green mandalin.. I had a nice laugh over that one, but he was trying and it was his first day. At least the kid has a job..

I've been shopping at Centreville Aquarium for over 15 years now. Not sure what happened with your Blue Tang, many times he's held fish for me when I've pre-ordered. I rarely buy fish from another LFS, his stock is solid, I can't remember ever buying fish from him (sw or fw) that has not lived due to disease.

(edited)

i normally stop by that store after my haircut. I do like the store, good prices and the livestock looks decent. However the selection is a bit limited. i was going to buy a tang last time i was there but no one talk to me so i left. but normally the staff seem pretty nice.

however i would be pretty mad if this happened to me...

Edited by ctseng