Anenome for maroon clown and clarkie

phisigs79

Can someone give me some advise on a anenome for these two clowns and if any one has two for sale let me know.

IMO the only anenome to buy would be E. quadracolor. most clowns if they take on a host, will host in it, and you can find a clone if you look hard enough. clones help reduce taking out of the oceans, plus IMO they remain healthier because they are in the conditions as they will be moved to; i.e. artificial light synthetic salt and so on.

HTH

I agree, E. Quad (often called a Bubble Tip Anenome or BTA) is the best place to start and has the best chance of making it.

Remember clowns don't NEED an host. I'm sure we can help you get your tank there, but an Anenome may be a little advanced for you and your tank right now. They have some of the highest water quality and stability requirements and have high light needs... usually something not found in a newer tank.

Others may have different thoughts but IMO a tank should be up, running and stable with (on a 55g) 300 watts of light or more for at least 3-6 months.

good luck!