"Best of Northern Virginia"

Origami

It's that time of year again, it seems. I stopped by Fins & Feathers in Ashburn last evening and Gloria let me know that the annual "Best of Northern Virgina" polling is underway at Northern Virginia Magazine. One of the categories is for the Best Pet Store. I also received a flyer asking me to participate, voting for Fins & Feathers as the best pet store in Northern Virginia. Chain stores won't be considered according to the rules.

If you're so inclined, let's help them win this year. Please note the special rules that define a valid ballot. Uou must vote for at least 10 categories, or your ballot won't count. Now this seemed rather daunting until I saw that I could vote for my favorite news people for the AM and PM time slots, which chewed up a lot of the 10 pretty quickly. Add to that my favorite burger joint and french fries; toss in Fins & Feathers and I had a valid ballot!

Here are the instructions if you want to help Fins and Feathers in achieve this honor:

Head on over to: http://www.northernvirginiamag.com/best-of-survey/. If you're not registered already, you'll have to register to vote. Then start voting. When you come to the best Pet Shop category, enter "Fins & Feathers" to give them your support. Just make sure that, overall, you vote for 10 or more categories or your ballot won't count.