Breaking down small tank

Guest suzeliza

Guest suzeliza
(edited)

*sorry if this is the wrong place for this or I'm not allowed to use this forum for this purpose!!! I'm happy to move or delete my post if needed*

Hi all,

I had a feeble 18 month run with a 30 gallon tank, and am ready to call it quits. So, I'm looking for a good home for the following:

-About 25-30 pounds of live rock. One piece of rock is home to 2 button polyps which have now reproduced to 4 I think. All pieces have some degree of coralline algae, too.

-One very hardy, small, green serpent starfish (it was the first thing we put in the tank, and he's managed to happily live and grow through months of poorly managed water, one move, and the comings-and-goings of several other critters)

-One pretty clownfish that we've had for about 3 months, purchased from the marine scene

- some random hardy limpets and nerite (sp?) snails (again, they are survivors!), maybe some burgandy hermit crabs are left, too.

-live sand, of course.

Not sure what my husband has in mind in terms of the tank and equipment. We could probably be convinced to give the whole thing away (although he might want to keep it - no promises.) Like I said, it's a 30 gallon tank, on a modern styled tank stand (blond wood with black metal legs), with two basic backpack-style filters, one of those blower-thingies, heater, etc.

email me at contented73 @ hotmail dot com

edited to add that I live in Mt. Rainier, MD, which is right on the border of NE DC and PG county. You would need to come pick up anything you want.

Thanks,

Suzanne.

Edited by suzeliza

Why are you giving up?

Are you not happy with the tank? After all you have put into it, there are prolly just a few little tweaks that will get things running right.

Can I / we help?

You should post here the problems you are having. The people in this group are great and can figure everything out. If you want to keep the tank, just sign on here and tell us the sitution. We all have been through it at one time or another.

Don't give up yet, these tanks are worth the little trouble they throw at you once in awhile.

Doug

Guest suzeliza

You all are very kind and I really appreciate your encouragement! My husband and I have really enjoyed setting up and caring for our tank, but the problem is that we just don't have the motivation right now to take good care of it, and we've watched too many critters die because of our laziness (i.e., not doing basic tank maintenance). We have a new baby, a new house that needs lots of work, we're both working full time, in school, and traveling a bunch this summer too - so for the past six months the tank is the last to get any attention, and we've decided it's just not fair to our saltwater friends. Our plan is to make another go at it in the future - hopefully with a bigger tank - when we know we can commit to taking good care of it.

Thanks again, this is really a great community. I definitely know where to come for help when we try again.

all the stuff is gone!