T5 Bulbs where to buy

wvreef

Ok I am going to need to get new t5 bulbs within the next month so I want to see where is the best place to buy them from...these are compact bulbs

Edited by wvreef

Ok I am going to need to get new t5 bulbs within the next month so I want to see where is the best place to buy them from...these are compact bulbs

T5's or compact fluorescents? You've eluded to both. T5's are linear bulbs (two contacts at each end) that are 5/8" in diameter. Compact fluorescents (the type most commonly used in the aquarium industry and not in your home) are typically U-shaped with four pins on one end.

Blue Ribbon Koi (near Manassas) typically stocks T5's. If you're needing them, give them a call and make sure that they have the lamp length that you want.

Blue Ribbon Koi (near Manassas) typically stocks T5's. If you're needing them, give them a call and make sure that they have the lamp length that you want.

do u have a number for them

I believe the Blue Ribbon Koi phone number is 703-753-7566.

I have also ordered from www.reefgeek.com.

www.bulkreefsupply.com also sells bulbs and if you get in on a group buy you can save a few bucks.

Brad

You may or may not be able to find CF's (aka Power Compacts / PCs) at BRK. I've not looked for them. They're not that hard to find, though. I often see them in some of the larger pet shops, and I think, maybe even at The Marine Scene (another one of our sponsors) in Reston. That may be a bit of a hike, though, for a lamp. CF's are easier to ship than the typically longer T5's, so you can find a lot of sources. ReefGeek is one - I've used them and they're great when you're ordering a lot of lamps because shipping is free over a certain dollar amount. However, if you can't find them locally (and I encourage you to buy local if you can, just to support our neighbors and help them keep food on the table and jobs for our friends if nothing more), then you can find them almost anywhere - such as MarineDepot.com or, another sponsor, Premium Aquatics (http://www.premiumaquatics.com).

Yea I was wanting to buy local if possible :lol2:

I am always amazed with this site, you all are awsome just awsome

thanks alot

just call anywhere local and ask them for pricing, if they dont have them give em a day or two for delivery and they will get them for ya

i know Sean at Fins and Feathers (which may be closest to ya) will order them if he doesnt have them..

Sean sells the CF, I saw someone buy one the last time I was their.

Edited by surf&turf