Blown glass frag plugs?

Jan

<<<The surface of the plugs is treated to create a specialized surface that apparently improves coral growth and encrustation rates. >>>

That's just about as ambiguous as it gets right there... I'll need to see a little more data before I believe this.

I agree, I have a buddy that blows glass I am sure he could make a bunch for a much better price than they sell them. I wonder how much they are... The clear idea of it is defiantly appealing. Maybe I can get him to make some for the meeting.

LOL, glad you said it. I think this company makes glass pipes.

They look like the piece that goes in a bong... haha

I bought a 10lb bag of BRS rubble rock. I have frag plugs for years now, and much better looking.

Exactly. Plus, if the coral doesn't grow over them quickly, then diatoms, CCA and other organisms quickly will, rendering the neat look an algal coverup.

I'm lazy enough cleaning the viewing glass on my tank; I can't imagine having to clean 50 glass frag plugs too.

Who wants more glass to clean...?

I bet they're dishwasher safe. Just throw them in a basket and let it run.

Exactly. Plus, if the coral doesn't grow over them quickly, then diatoms, CCA and other organisms quickly will, rendering the neat look an algal coverup.

I'm lazy enough cleaning the viewing glass on my tank; I can't imagine having to clean 50 glass frag plugs too.

Who wants more glass to clean...?

Yea the colors in the plug are a stretch, and pointless. I don't see how a few glass plugs would make diatoms though. I think the clear ones would be nice, I will get my friend to make me some and see how they work.

I agree, I have a buddy that blows glass I am sure he could make a bunch for a much better price than they sell them. I wonder how much they are... The clear idea of it is defiantly appealing. Maybe I can get him to make some for the meeting.

can your buddy make some of that color changing glass into frag plugs? when the "coralline algae" builds up inside, it'll change colors...