suggestions for killin Majano

Guest Keyoke

Guest Keyoke

So I've noticed a few Majano's in the tank. Not many, but they're awfully close to some orange digi..

Anyone have some suggestions on killing these? I've got 3 (that I've noticed). I'm gonna try a kalk injection, but since I've now noticed I've got 3 Aptasia as well (and I found 2 more in my sump) i'm thinking about going to a copperbanded in the display, and a peppermint in the sump/Fuge.

Will Copperbands chow on Majano?

real lemon juice from a lemon, or you can use kalk paste (joe's juice), use a syringe as the delivery method. you might have to shoot them a couple of times and give them a healthy dose. HTH Gary

Majano is only on small step above meaning easier than bubble algae to get rid of-Aptasia is a peice of cake compared to majano- It is persistant and can take numerous needle hits with what ever you are injecting- must be persistant because if you let it move to a hidey spot that you can not see there will be three of four of them in a month - they up and move just when you think you have a bead on their location after thier last injection. Of course the inevitable conclusion is: yea- I showed that Majono who is master reefer- only to see him imerge in numbers a couple wof weeks later in various spots- They do seem to need a bit more light than aptasia though.

Joes Juice works really well. I have noticed my peppermint do a number on them in My nano. My peppermint now found it way in the filter of my nano and they started to pop up again (majano that is)

I personally use Lemon juice for both the majano and apstasia, but have recently used calcium chloride solution with super results. First off the CaCl solution was my first attempt at adding Ca to the tank, but when I found Kalk I switched over. The CaCl solution I have is made by Kent I think. But anyhow I've found with this I don't even have to inject the apstasia just get them in the stream coming out of the needle and they shrink up and turn to mush in seconds. While Lemon juice and kalk have taken either multiple shots or a day or so for them to wither and die.

You can find the stuff online, I got mine from that fish place.

What works for me is a Kalk - vinegar solution. Basically you're making Calcium Acetate which doesn't precipitate as much as using Kalk mixed with water. I used Joe's Juice before, but my own solution is cheaper and works with only one application. This works on both Majano and Aptasia.

-Rob