NEWBIE TO SALT!

clearsky57

Hello ALL:

Although it has been a few years since I managed a marine aquarium (since the late 70's :laugh: ) I decided it was time again to get back into this hobby.

I have many fresh water tanks, but inherited a 75 with nothing but a lot of live rock recently and I am interested in setting it up as a reef tank...

I like the corals and want to have a nice reef tank, but one of the ingredients I am missing for this setup is a pair of metal halide lights..

I did not know if you have a link on this forum where folks buy and sell used equipment.. I would like to see if I can find some lights without having to spend big

bucks for brand new lights... I looked through the differnt threads on this forum but didn't see one for items for sale... do you have this here, or am I destined to buying new????

that being said, am I correct in the idea that once I have all my ducks in a row here and I am ready to start filling the tank, am I correct in that rock goes in first, then sand then water??

thanks in advance for the simple answers to obvious questions...... I know, I know... we all started here once upon a time... so please be gentle with me...I'm still very wet behind the ears......

david

Welcome to WAMAS!! (and our addiction!)

some of us use 2" or 3" long pieces of 1 1/4" pvc to prop up the rock off of the bottom glass before placing the sand.