Anyway to make the MR5 media reactor to be HOB?

mchunger

You can still put it under the tank in a stand. As long as you have a pump in the tank pushing the water down to the sealed reactor, and a sealed tube going back from the reactor to the tank, any head pressure on the output side is compensated for by the head on the input side. The reactor body itself will have more pressure against the walls, but any decent reactor should be able to operate with 6 feet of pressure.

Otherwise, I think that you'd be looking for an acrylic L-bracket of some sort that you could use to hang over the tank's edge.

i guess that makes sense. it doesn't need the direct water contact like a HOB skimmer would.

hmmm, i guess i just hide the pump behind some rocks to cover up a big black box.

Thanks

You can still put it under the tank in a stand. As long as you have a pump in the tank pushing the water down to the sealed reactor, and a sealed tube going back from the reactor to the tank, any head pressure on the output side is compensated for by the head on the input side. The reactor body itself will have more pressure against the walls, but any decent reactor should be able to operate with 6 feet of pressure.

Otherwise, I think that you'd be looking for an acrylic L-bracket of some sort that you could use to hang over the tank's edge.