RO Membrane help

Supernova26

I changed my RO membrane today but it does not stay in. It clicks back out. I pushed it in the unit and both black o-rings went in. I ran it and withing a few minutes it popes back out and the water flows thru the membrane. Can someone chime in. It's my first time changing the membrane and I could be doing something wrong.

Thanks

Supernova - the gpd capacity of the membrane you installed - 50 , 75, or 100 gpd for example, wouldn't cause the membrane to come unseated. The cup inside the RO membrane housing into which the 2 orings seat should hold the membrane tightly. When you pressurize the RO membrane housing, that pressure "pushes" the membrane to stay seated.

I suspect that little cup inside the RO membrane housing is cracked/broken, and therefore it isn't holding the membrane stem securely. If that is the case, the defect can't be fixed and the RO membrane housing should be replaced.

Russ

Check to make sure the brine seal or skirt around the membrane is intact and not torn. That helps to force the membrane in and keeps it seated.

Is there any debris from the old membrane stuck in the hole where the o-rings go?

Just to confirm, you are installing the o-ring side into the pressure vessel first with the brine seal to the screw cap side?

Can you compare the length of the old with the new to make sure they are the same size. I have also seen the end of one that was broken which made it shorted and it didn't seat right.

When you replaced the membrane did you disconnect any of the tubes on the housing? Maybe a hose was installed wrong and the water flow is backwards. Long shot, but thought I would mention it.

Thank you for your responses. The membranes are the same length an the old one sits in housing just fine. I fix it by placing some thread seal tape on the o-rings. I will order a new housing.