greeninja's 150g

Looks great, I like it!!!!

The only thing I might do is find a cool piece of liverock to join the two formations.

I really like the structure of the top pic!

Yea like a bridge or an arch, gives more room corals. Just think what a bridge would look like with a bunch of plating monti's growing off of it.

Just think what a bridge would look like with a bunch of plating monti's growing off of it.

It would probably look like sex. :)

Thanks guys, it means a lot. I'm going to try and let things marinate and grow out some. I will try to get monthly updates. Happy New years to everyone. Be safe, and I will try to make the winter meeting coming up. Cheers mate

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I just did my monthly water test...

Results:

Ca - 450

kH - 3.0 Meq/L 8.4 dkH

Mg - 1400

Does my kH look high? I use Instant Ocean Reef salt. I add 1/2 tbs of kalk per 5g into my top off water . Should I stop adding the kalk?

Also found this today

photo11.jpg

This is the most gnarliest thing I have seen in my tank so far.

Edited by greeninja

Your Alk is fine, if anything it could be a tad higher, around 9, but as long as its stable at 8.4 your good.

I think that is my cleaner shrimps shell. It was shedding it's shell. It someone how snagged a hermit in the process. I didn't know acans did that. Makes me want to put my tongue on it. I bet it would feel amazing.

Your Alk is fine, if anything it could be a tad higher, around 9, but as long as its stable at 8.4 your good.

Cool, thanks. I could have sworn I just read someone having 8.5dkh and everyone was saying it was high. But now I can't seem to find that thread. I getting old, fast.

Wow, thats incredible! I was just checking my rbta's and comparing the size of shrimp I feed them to the other tank inhabitants! Great timing to be able to catch that. Now I fear for my chromis...and precious mandarins. :ohmy:

I really like the new aquascape. Much better use of space. I think you will enjoy the seperate structures with that nice channel in the middle. It will look great full of corals and fish.! Nice Job.

• 2 weeks later...