Getting out.....

gmubeach

Please read the whole post before posting stuff like pending and hold this for me.

I'd like to sell everything as a lot or in lots I will try and make the buyers or buyer happy. Please understand that I travel way too much to be with my faince and we are planning on taking the next step which means more travel for me.

I have the following problems

Hair algee, apstesia, bryopsis, cyno, and some culerpa. My refugium couldn't keep up with the bio load and I can't do a weekly water change as I'm not here accept to work.

OK I have the following for sale

LIVESTOCK- Live stock will include a ton of food and coral food all brand new and various supplements and water addatives as well as a large amount of prodiobio caples an a half used bucket of premium salt.

APPROXMITE saltwater list if something has passed on or isn't as described I will hopefully either knock off money or something.

1 large live rock with a encrusted tennis ball sized awesome coral(very high end) 1 clam and a flame red mushroom rock.

1 bulles eye mushroom red and blue.

1 bright red anomee with a hosting black and white clownfish(female died a few days ago it looks like its turning female)

About 20 or so varoius frags nothing common in the lot I just can't remeber all the names.

1 six line wrasse

1 purple fire fish

1 large pajama cardnal.

1 mandrin(needs some tlc)

1 feather duster

1 nudrbranch(hopefully)

a bunch of snails

2 mated pair of cleaner shrimp

1 possible blue coral banded shrimp

1 hammer coral(needs tlc I just noticed its growing next to a aptestia

1 huge rock covered in purple and green yumas

a 46 gallon worth of live rock

3 small brains

multiple recordia.

380$ or best offer!!!!!!

Saltwater equipment- Hang on the back protien skimmer remora with pump 75$ obo

I components for a biorector or carbon reactor grey seas and 2 bags of biopellets(135$)obo

RoDI machine-6 chamber ro di machine, I have new filters and possibly a new membrane and even more new filters. These are new in the box filters I bought them a month ago and havn't opened the box. Also a brand new premium salt-150 (0B0).

The main problem is my commuting leaves my tank in the care of my father, who really doesn't have an intrest he thinks its pretty, but he doesn't know all the biological stuf and he'd rather not learn. Basically he puts in top off, feeds, empties skimmer... So my tank goes for days without me and if I knock off something it dies or if something is sick it I can't save it.... Overall my tank is doing well... Now in the future my faince wants to get a place that will allow me to keep my tank and get out of our parents house ..... Our bigger problem is two fold, My crappy job is in fairfax county, lorton, va. My faince is and will reside in columbia md. I need to either find a job in md thats as lucrative or keep commuting. The commuting from va to md is vicious, but I can't just leave myself jobless and homeless either;) Anyway I'm excited to not leave wamas right at the moment.

Any ideas of how to automate it more? I'm also concerned with my ph and saltinity adjustments. I've been using test kits 2 part and a refractometer and salt. I have the stuff to put on a biopellete reactor still working on how to mount it to the tank no sump. My fathers a mechanical engineer though....

We should have a club reef "help" patrol. That can give advice.. I understand the chemisty and the biology, but not the automation.

I need to test more often thats for sure and get rythem down. I'm going to downsize my corals in a few days as I have way too many... Also anyone have experienc with clownfish repairing..... Is it possible to pair my bw with a normal clownfish? as long as their gender compatible and all that....or is it better to sell the widower and get a new pair?

Also need advice on biopellets and nutrient control.... got alot of nusciance algee and nothing to eat the algee....also the extracton method leaves something to be desired.....

Been using prodibio which is helping... but it messes with my ph. I grow only lps and softies no sps.....

How about I invite some of my wamas friends over to have a tank help party.

Do you mean Prodibio Biodigest or the others? The Biodigest is basically bacteria, so it should not affect your pH at all.

If your B & W is an ocellaris, you can put a regular ocellaris with it, or if it's a percula, you can put a regular percula with it. Make sure the new clown is smaller and still a juvenile (male).

Hi boss, thats a tough situation! I can relate though, I spend about 3hrs a day in the car for the commute, get home to my son and try to spend some time with him, and get chores done around the house... on and on... it doesnt leave much time for the tanks. Im lucky to get about 30min a WEEK to play with and enjoy my tanks.

heres some ideas: 1)set up an auto top off system. I just use a 10g tank and a TOM pump on a timer that runs 2X15min a day. all I have to do is add water to the 10g tank once a week. 2)I only keep 2 fish in my tank and low care corals(I have a 55g display, 20g sump and a 45g fuge) and only feed the tank once a week. the rest of the time, the fish are on thier own to forrage for pods that make their way out of the fuge. you might want to sell a few of your fish to minimize the bioload. 3)add a fuge if you dont have one. personally, I really think it balances a tank out... but thats JMHO. I would also sell off any corals that are of high value.

its not ideal, believe me, but you have to work with what youve got. I think it can be done, but you have to adjust your expectations about what you can keep and care for.

Good luck!

FB