The Frag workshop was great

krish

The workshop was a real bash. A lot of goodies to bring

home and useful and helpful information learnt.

Glenn, thanks for the fragging hands on. Are you doing

ok after all that fragging , most of it sans gloves :)

I hope everyone had a good time.

thanks

krish

Just wanted to thank everyone for a great meeting! The attendance looked awesome! I must apologize for being the tardy one though, sorry for interupting while we set up the tank :p (I always did that kinda thing in school, unfortunately it stuck, and we were at a school!). I had an appointment that ran over, but hope you guys liked the stuff we brought out. Keep me posted on how the gorgonians, clams, corals and inverts do in your systems (we strive for less than 5% mortality rates!).

I big thank you to Micheal and Craig for setting me up with some super frags! Can't wait to get the new frag system up and running to help get those frags into everyones tanks!

Guest tgallo
yes, good meeting. thanks to michael, glenn, craig and steve for all there hard work.

Guest Kimo

I concur - This was a great meeting!  It was really nice to see so many new faces too.  Winning the $100 tropical paradise gift certificate was pretty cool :)

Thanks to all of the members and officers for working so hard to make the workshop come together so smoothly - An event like that takes a lot of planning to make it work.

Jamie

VERY cool!!!

Special thanks to whoever donated that huge Colt and all those Monti frags

Torch coral, shrooms, GSPs, and I was thinking the tank looked full a week ago! Now I really need to upgrade.

WOW!

The origin of the Colt coral came from Gatortailale's tank.  He gave me a big chunk.

It grew out 1/3 larger in my tank.  So I brought the whole thing to frag for the workshop.

I brought tons of the tan w/white tip montipora and a little bit of brown w/purple tip montipora.  Reefmon is the source for the brown/purple and MichaelG is the source (at least to me) of the tan w/white.

Here's to hoping all are showing good color, polyp extension and general happiness in your tanks!  Do try to document/remember where you got stuff.  Helps us track how many generations we have spawned off to the community.

Steve

Another big thank you for all the effort put into organizing and executing the meeting.  I learned a lot, and came out with a ton of corals.  Who brought the green sinularia, by the way?

Looking forward to putting frags back into circulation in the future.

Yea, I'd also have to say awesome and thanks.  You know it's a good day when you have to turn down free stuff.  I sincerely never though the day would come when I would actually turn away free corals.  Not b/c of tank capacity (everyone knows there's always room for one more), but b/c I couldn't physically carry it...  :laugh:

Any count on the number of species actually fragged?

Thank You!

I too would like to thank everyone who donated the frags.  I picked up several.  This is definately a great start for my reef.  I will post updates in a week or two with how everything is going.

BB

It was great to see all of the new members. Welcome to the group. I look forward to trading frags with you all.