Stock List Check

HDReef

We are looking over our stock list for our tank and wanted to gain some opinions on the current stock vs. future stock we would like to add. Our current set up is a 75g mixed reef DT which runs to a 75g sump in our basement. That sump includes a 40g refugium and two other chambers to house various equipment (skimmer, heaters, etc).

Current Stock List:

Dwarf Blue Legged Hermits

Cerith Snails

Nassarius Snails

Stomatella Snails

Serpent Stars

Bristleworms

Pods

2 Black and White Clowns

1 Green Mandarin Dragonet

1 Lawnmower Blenny

Various Corals

Future to Add:

1 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

3 Sexy Shrimp

Turbo Snails

1 Purple Firefish

1 Kole Yellow Eyed Tang

We wanted to see what people thought about adding the new fish and inverts over time (not all at once) and if there are any concerns about these types of fish interacting. Also, would there be any issues with the tang in a 75g? We tried to stick with a smaller tang since it is only a 75g tank. Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Holly & Darrell

You might want to try getting a bonded pair of firefish instead of one, because when there are two, they tend to be bolder.

You may want to wait on the Mandarin. They need a well established pod population to survive. If you do put it in there make sure you add lots of pods.

I think the mandarin is already in the tank as it is listed on the current stock list.

I don't see anything wrong with the list.

I think the mandarin is already in the tank as it is listed on the current stock list.

I don't see anything wrong with the list.

Yes the mandarin is already in the tank. We started the tank in January and waited until August to add the mandarin. We have lots of pods and he has fattened up nicely since we added him to the tank :)

I would add two skunk cleaners to the tank. With two your tank will get a nice feeding every month when they spawn.

Great idea. Two cleaner shrimp it is.