Best way to mount musroom polyp

steveoutlaw

Can anyone tell me the best way?  Superglue?

32586[/snapback]

I set them on a small rock and wrap the rock and mushroom in tuille (tool), aka bridal veil material. You can buy it cheap at Wal-Mart. In a few days the mushroom will attach to the rock, and you can pull off the tuille.

You can also fill a clear plastic cup with rubble, and drop the mushroom in the cup. The cup keeps it from blowing away, and the mushroom will attach. Lots of variations on this. You can pin the mushroom in place on your rockwork with a large snail shell, tiny piece of LR, etc. If the flow is low enough where you want it to go, you might be able to set it in a small crack in the rock.

I haven't tried superglue because I think the mushroom is too slimy. Others may have made this work though.

Hope this helps,

Jon

good coverage of this- Jon

I tried super glue when I first started with softies and nevr was able to get them to stay that way- all the rest of your suggestions have been tried and work- rubber band is hit and miss- too tight and it disturbs or cuts the shroom- too loose and it slimes its way to a freer position- Aka bridal veil is the method when you must have it on this specific rock- otherwise let it find its own peice of rubble in a limited area.

For all softies, I use a shipping shield from Spider Mums or Birds of Paradise.

It's about a 4" expandable mess that gently expands and contracts to the shape of the rock. I find it puts the right amount of pressure to hold in place but expands as the frag refills with water and expands.

You can find them at any good florist shop but may need to ask them to save them for you the next time they come in stock.

I've used the toothpick method - jam a toothpick through the mushroom and superglue the toothpick to the rock (may have to put a dab on the other end of the toothpick to prevent the shroom from sliding off). Then in a week or two you can remove the toothpick altogether.

You can find them at any GOOD florist shop but may need to ask them to save them for you the next time they come in stock.

32595[/snapback]

Good? Where do you get your's then Chip?

:D :D :D :D

kidding - 703flowers.com!