Moving Saltwater Fish Tanks

Hi, new to Wamas and have an emergency and need help. I was referred to WAMAS by a fish store in VA. I need help moving my saltwater fish to Ashburn, VA from Gaithersburg, MD on Monday the 8th. If anyone out there has experience doing this or would like to volunteer please respond ASAP.

I thought the task could be accomplished alone, but I need help carrying buckets of water and the tanks to my vehicle. I have two tanks...a 30 gal and 55 gallon. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

M.E.

I moved my 55 gallon tank 30 miles with ease...

by:

Get a few Rubbermaid containers (make sure it's small enough that you can lift it by yourself when filled with water).

Get large trash bags (larger than the Rubbermaid container).

Use trash bag inside container (like you would if you use it for regular trash can).

Transfer your water, animals, rocks, sand, etc, to the containers. (you might not need all the water since its a good time to do 25-50% water change. :)

Tie up the trash bag (so it won't spill).

Put container in car, you might need a few trips if you dont have a truck.

Edited by hlem

Guest thefishman65

I moved a 75 in the same way. Some 18 gallon rubber maids about 1/2 full. Ok, I had help with the tank. I could probably run out there and help unload the 55 if needed and depending on time.

anybody that helps with this move can stop by the shop after the move and pick out a frag on the house.

I referred this member to the boards to ask for help, I am sure that in time they will be a full WAMAS family, and will be able to put something back into the group.

Sean

Call me and let me know when you can be here Monday. Cell 571-436-6196 Pete

Is there anyway you can move the tank on Saturday or Sunday? There are a lot of members in both areas who could probably help but a weekday morning is a little tough.

Guest thefishman65

I have volunteered to help unload the tank. Anyone that can stop by in the morning and help load it?

Hey eveyone, I can be around Sunday to break down the tanks. Please let me know ASAP if anyone can help out. We are moving Saturday and getting cable on Sunday, but my wife can handle that. No internet access after 7pm so call my cell if anyone can help out.

Thanks!

Pete

571-436-6196

P.S. If you have a truck to haul the tanks/buckets this would help alot too

im doing maintenance monday til 3.... plus they were looking for nice ogres, not mean ogres.

EDIT: ROb why dont you lend some maintenance hours to move the tank, ya non skimmer using hater

Edited by F&Fmgr