What causes ricordeas to bleach?

Jan

Is it too much light, not enough light, too many nutirents, not enough? I have a section in my 75 gallon tank on the bottom with about 60 ricordea in all different colors. Most are fine but about 5 are bleached. They all get the same amount of light and nutrients. I do notice that the ones that bleach wont open as big as the others anymore. Same thing in my pico. I have large hairy shrooms in there. Some are bleaching. As they bleach they all get smaller....they waste away. Is there a way to reverse this? Is it just their time to waste away and die? What is their lifespan in captivity?

I would think that if there are many close together some may just waste away? I have had some mushrooms do that. I think its caused by lack of light. There could be other mushrooms expanding over it causing it to get some light, but no enough through out the course of the day.

I bleached some mushrooms when I switched to LED's. Turned white and shriveled up.

Maybe having so many down there 5 out of 60 bleaching isn't bad really. Hopefully it gets better and not worse. Is this the same tank with the fish dying?

How is that big frilly green mushroom you got from me doing? That thing tollerated everything including tap water, and was one of my first corals. Loves mysis...