pistol shirmp and yellow watchman goby

Tri Bui

I got 150g tank, I just purchase a pair of pistol shirmp and yellow watchman goby from BRK last Wed. put them in my tank and never see them again. Current residents in the tank yellow, sailfin, hippo and scope tang, coral beauty, pair of clown hosting in the RBTA's. couples britol stars and blue legs hermit crab. Anyone have the same problem not seing the pistol shirmp and yellow watchman goby? They just disapear???

thanks

They are probably just finding an appropriate home. You'll know that they are fine when you start seeing huge mounds of sand in one area and bare glass in another.

I agree, they are probably just finding a good spot... Hopefully the spot they choose will be visible for you!

(edited)

They hide. You'll hear the pistol shrimp every now and then. Hopefully they will find each other and be a pair. I had a pistol shrimp and I have a watchmen goby. They never found each other. The shrimp lived on one side of the tank and the goby lives on the other side of the tank.

I got 150g tank, I just purchase a pair of pistol shirmp and yellow watchman goby from BRK last Wed. put them in my tank and never see them again. Current residents in the tank yellow, sailfin, hippo and scope tang, coral beauty, pair of clown hosting in the RBTA's. couples britol stars and blue legs hermit crab. Anyone have the same problem not seing the pistol shirmp and yellow watchman goby? They just disapear???

thanks

Edited by Jan

I hope they still alive, I will look for the sand dune, but so far no luck :sad: I try to look for them at feeding time and when light out time with my flash light but still can't find them. They both look really nice in pair at BRK! thank for your tips!

I've had a yellow watchman in a 14 gallon for almost 1.5 months now and see it tops once every 1.5 weeks. And its a flippin 14 gallon :blink: :sad:

I know its too late for you, but maybe it will help someone else...

I have heard of people pre making a burrow for the pair before they are placed in the tank. Then they put them in the tank at that exact spot where they made the burrow in the hope that the pair will stay there where they want them to.

Now you tell me :biggrin: thank for the tip! I will try it for my next pair if I can't find this pair in my tank. I will give it couples more week before purchase another pair :angry: and will pre burrow a couples spot in the sand.

Now you tell me :biggrin: thank for the tip! I will try it for my next pair if I can't find this pair in my tank. I will give it couples more week before purchase another pair :angry: and will pre burrow a couples spot in the sand.

Anh tri, I brought my pair yesterday at BRK, when I put the pistrol shrimp in my tank, the shrimp stay in one corner so I put one of the clam shell on top of it, soon enough the pistol shrimp start digging a hole and later the yellow goby goes in the cave. :-). I even record them . It so cool.

nice! I am happy for you in my case the MIA shirmp and yellow watchman make me :sad: they were a nice pair in the 5g tank at BRK the shirmp is cleanning the hole and the watchman goby is standby and guard, they look so cute! but now I can even locate them in my tank :( :cry: I am glad to heard so many tips on the forum. I will try it next time! thanks

oh 1/2 good news I found the pistol shrimp :clap: like you said I was looking for the sand dune tip, found couples sand dunes around this big rock, shine the flash light into the hole there's the pistol shirmp moving the sand back and forth under the rock :tongue: now I just have to find the yellow watchman goby, hopefully it around. I am a happy camper! :lol2:

thank everyone for the great tips!

I had a pistol that I only saw parts of when he molted. Saw the real thing about once every two months. I did feel him though when I went reaching around the rocks. BE CAREFUL with your hands. The injury doesn't come from the snap but your reaction to it. I jerked my hand away and got a nasty coral cut and destabilized my reef structure.

It's one of the hazards of this hobby. I have had so many beautiful pets that hardly even let me see them.

steve

Thanks for the warning, I still have the scar from the big female Maroon clown which I used to have, it bites anything that come close to it territory. I react to it bites and burned arm on the 400w MH bulb that really hurt 2nd degree burn still have the scar to prove it! :blink: