Recommendation for dremel?

BowieReefer84

I used a basic one not sure of the RPM but if I were going to by one all over I would get the high speed cordless,(no electrocution problems if you have wet hands. If you are going to do allot of fragging of some delicate corals like Chalice and other LPS i would looking into the reefkeeper saw(the one Kyle was using at the frag fest. (I got the same one for Christmas) I love it because it uses water so not as much burning of the flesh. but of course its like 279.00. as far as the cut wheel,you have to use the diamond cut off wheel. I hope this helps.

(edited)

I got one for $10 (full price was $20) at Harbor Freight that works perfectly fine for fragging, cutting frag plugs, cutting pieces of rock, polishing glass edges, cutting slits and teeth into glass, etc. You can get a pack of 5 diamond cutting disks at Harbor Freight for like only $5. I used the same tool for a couple of years before through my own abusive use of it burned it out, but Harbor Freight replaced it for free (you pay like a couple dollars and get a lifetime replacement regardless of reason for malfunction.... one of the reasons I like buying stuff there).

Edited by treesprite

I got one for $10 (full price was $20) at Harbor Freight that works perfectly fine for fragging, cutting frag plugs, cutting pieces of rock, polishing glass edges, cutting slits and teeth into glass, etc. You can get a pack of 5 diamond cutting disks at Harbor Freight for like only $5. I used the same tool for a couple of years before through my own abusive use of it burned it out, but Harbor Freight replaced it for free (you pay like a couple dollars and get a lifetime replacement regardless of reason for malfunction.... one of the reasons I like buying stuff there).

shoooot...lifetime, regardless...I'm in. thats where I'll buy my next one. bowie, definately get the dremel 600 at least, the diamond wheel is great. unless you have big colonies that need to be cut, then the dremel should be fine.

Sean