Please Help!

Reefoholic

(edited)

Hey guys,

I received my AI SOL fixture from Aquacave today. I am having some problems tho. Since a number of us already own these fixtures, I thought you might help.

First of all, when I plug in my fixture not all my LEDs are lid. The blue and the whites light up to the highest intensity but the outer LEDs on both rows do not light up at all. Is this normal? Should I send the unit back? Aren't all the LEDs supposed to light up without a controller at full intensity? (At least this is what I understood from that piece of paper (the quick guide)

Secondly, I also purchased a RK-ALC to hook my AI up but I haven't been successful so far. I am connecting the wires correctly but AI won't light up when connected to ALC module and there is a green blinking light... Should I purchase its own controller?

I was so excited to finally upgrade to LEDs but all I am is discouraged right now :(

thanks for your help!

Edited by Reefoholic

(edited)

Here is a pic. It is clearly seen that outer LEDs are not functioning. Do I need the controller for all of them to light up? I should call AI...

5963956670_e50f45f122_b.jpg

Edited by Reefoholic

Call AI. Fastest way to get a better response. I don't think you need a controller to get all the lights up and running though.

I ended up leaving a voicemail with the AI people. Also called AquaCave and they were extremely helpful! I just need to wait now...

(edited)

I just received an email from them saying that they fixed, tested and sent the fixture earlier today. I should get it later in this week. I must admit that their customer service was great! They answered all of my questions and concerns and replaced the faulty parts for free (obviously). The problem was my fixture got damaged during shipping. 2 of the LEDs got damaged and one of the lenses got chipped on the side. I have to add that the vendor I ordered it from did NOT do a good job packaging it.

Tpallas, do you know how to set it up? I have the controller as well and I am a little confused as how to set up the timers. BTW, I built a custom light stand over the weekend. Here is a picture:

6000018028_7f97d7159c_b.jpg

I am planning on hanging the fixture from the middle bar. This little stand cost me only $15. Long live ACE Hardware store!!!

Matt

Edited by Reefoholic

I hate to tell you but that doesn't sound right at all. If a specific chanel was out, like royal blue, then I would blame your controller set up. Having rows go out makes it sound like something is damaged.

Sorry, iPad error. I didn't scroll down to see they had ramen care of the damage. These things are pricey. I am glad you got the service you paid for.

(edited)
Sorry, iPad error. I didn't scroll down to see they had ramen care of the damage. These things are pricey. I am glad you got the service you paid for.

Thanks Bill! Actually since I have you here, what are your settings for the controller? I am confused about how to set the controller up... There are too many timer settings, lol!

PS: After seeing your beautiful tank in person lid with these LEDs I made up my mind to get one, so thanks! biggrin.gif

Edited by Reefoholic