6.6 gallon bookshelf.

Reefs

(edited)

Just bought one of those bookshelf kit, it is 8''W x 24''L x 9''H. I used just the tank it self and removed the upper and lower frame.

Filtration:

-Hang on back refugium with about 3'' live sand and chaeto ( that is actually taller than the tank and not hanging).

-Mini Elite power head.

-Live rock

Lighting:

-The tank, 1x 31watt 10K T5 and 1x actinic.

- The refugium, 1x 31 watt 6700K T5.

Corals:

-Zoanthids, green star polyps, pulsing xenia, purple clove polyps, frog spawn.

Inverts:

-2 emerald crabs, 2 pepermint shrimps, 5 blue hermit crabs, nerite snails...

any recommendation for a fish that is less than 2''?

post-2632635-130860690808_thumb.jpg

post-2632635-130860692759_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reefs

Strange substrate, and interesting top off.....

Small gobies like rainford, hectors would be good additions...there are many choices but choose wisely as you are limited for space.

Looks good man, glad your back into the saltwater (your planted tanks are amazing)

Im guessing the ATO works just like the dog bowls and things, as the water level drops it allows air into the waterer (im guessing its for a rabbit or something) and then dispenses water until it is covered by the water. With only 6 gallons the top up cant be that great.....

cant wait to see it progress.

Nice looking tank, I agree with the above though. Can you describe how the top off works?

Thanks,

just like Der ABT said, its a hamster drinking bottle, I removed the metal ball inside the tube in order for it to work properly. it worked great so far.

(edited)

Strange substrate, and interesting top off.....

Small gobies like rainford, hectors would be good additions...there are many choices but choose wisely as you are limited for space.

I got that gravel from a brackish supplies vendor, he claimed that it came from brackish pools. and Thanks for the fish suggestions I'll stop by at the LFS to see if they have any available.

Edited by Reefs

Looks good man, glad your back into the saltwater (your planted tanks are amazing)

Im guessing the ATO works just like the dog bowls and things, as the water level drops it allows air into the waterer (im guessing its for a rabbit or something) and then dispenses water until it is covered by the water. With only 6 gallons the top up cant be that great.....

cant wait to see it progress.

Thanks man,

I still have that 40 breeder Riparium going, I throw in couple bettas in there and they are breeding now.