Rainbow Lifegard Acrylic Scratch Removal Kit?

kingfish

I have a used acrylic tank that I am setting up. I need to get rid of some scratches before I fill it up and I would like to know if anyone has any experience with Rainbow Lifegard Acrylic Scratch Removal Kit. I would like to know the best product with the least elbow grease required to to bring back the acrylic's clarity if possible.

I've used it and it works just fine as well as being easy to use. Just be sure to go through the sequence of grits. If the scratches are on the outside, you need to polish the acrylic at the end with the polishing compound (supplied). If it's inside the tank, you needn't do this. You can also use the kit to remove scratches inside the tank when there's water in it. In this case, you'll notice that it's not necessary to go down to the finest grit to get acceptable clarity and you certainly don't need the polishing compound in the underwater case.

I've used it and it works just fine as well as being easy to use. Just be sure to go through the sequence of grits. If the scratches are on the outside, you need to polish the acrylic at the end with the polishing compound (supplied). If it's inside the tank, you needn't do this. You can also use the kit to remove scratches inside the tank when there's water in it. In this case, you'll notice that it's not necessary to go down to the finest grit to get acceptable clarity and you certainly don't need the polishing compound in the underwater case.

thank you!

I've used this kit and it's an OK kit. I do have a very high end acrylic kit that comes with a 1" thick magnet and velcro backed assortment of grits ranging from 1000 to 6000.

This kit will take out just about anything shy of a deep gouge in the least amount of time on acrylic up to 1" thick with ease. The Rainbow kit takes a good while because the pads are relatively small. Either way, start with 1000 and go up to 6000. No need for anything higher.