Gizmoody's Red Sea Max 250 Reef Tank

(edited)

I started with a stock Red Sea Max 250 tank nine months ago and ended up with...a stock Red Sea Max 250 tank with a JBJ ATO and 2 strips of stunner blue LED's that have issues. I want it as simple as possible. Below is a screenshot of a

I filmed with my iPhone today. Check out the
and let me know what you think. I'll hope to continue to post photos and videos here as things change in the tank and things seem to change on a daily basis. Suggestions or comments? Let em fly...with your typed words.

Edited by gizmoody

Haha what a small world I was just searching on YouTube and commented on your video of this tank. Looks great man keep it up.

-Chance-

Wow this is a Really nice lookin tank! Keep up the good work. What equipment are you running?

Wow this is a Really nice lookin tank! Keep up the good work. What equipment are you running?

Thanks! It's the all in one Red Sea Max 250 with all equipment, filters, skimmer, pump, lights, etc built in. Just add electricity, water, rocks and living things.

RSM-500 coming out soon! I smell an upgrade! :biggrin:

Steve, do you recognize some of those frags?! Exited about the 500 since I have grown to trust Red Sea products. It'll be expensive! I wonder if they'll switch to LED lights with the recent upserge in demand?

(edited)

Can you help explain this please? I bought an ORA Red Planet frag (wish I wasn't so scared of cutting corals off of frag plugs back then) and it grew and encrusted on the rock. However, it's growing on one side only and I don't think flow is stronger in that direction and the same goes for light. Is this normal? Why wouldn't the other short branches grow? I'm not complaining, just curious in case I am doing something wrong.

Red%20Planet%20Growth%203%20months.jpg

First pic - after a few weeks

Second pic - after three months

Third pic - after three months, other angle

Thanks!

Edited by gizmoody

Nishal-

One thing I've learned is that there are somethings that just can't be explained. I've had corals that grow "up" in one persons tank grow "out" in my tank. I've seen tanks that are thriving with SPS but won't grow xenia, and tanks that have 2 of the same kind of coral right next to each other.....one is thriving and one is dying. I would just be celebrating getting such good growth out of the coral.

The tank looks great, by the way.

Steve

It (the growth) can be attributed to any number of factors, sort of like how no two trees grow the same, water flow, nutrition, other corals chemicals, lighting, all can cause variances.

The growth looks good, like a pretty healthy coral

Thanks. Can you believe that photo is taken with an iPhone? Jaws is a great character to have in the tank - had him for about 6 months and he/she is still grumpy as H-E-double hockey sticks. Hope jaws sticks around for a long time. I've got the most amazing photo I have ever taken that I will upload that involves this fish.

The blue spotted jawfish are awesome. I saw mine moving a small rock in its mouth last week. Who would have thought his jaws were that strong.

I now know how a couple of frags moved.

The blue spotted jawfish are awesome. I saw mine moving a small rock in its mouth last week. Who would have thought his jaws were that strong.

I now know how a couple of frags moved.

I know what you mean. Mine stole my frag plug with red hornets to use as his cave door cover! Dude is strong. I wonder what a bite on the finger would feel like?

My blue tag keeps going after my jawfish - you have any problems with fish going after yours?

I came home today after a short trip, and I don't see him.....hmmmmmmmmmmm

My blue tag keeps going after my jawfish - you have any problems with fish going after yours?

I came home today after a short trip, and I don't see him.....hmmmmmmmmmmm

Haven't had any trouble except curiosity like in the pic above. Jawfish usually opens his mouth wide to scare off anything that gets close. I've even seen him try to bite my happy Kole Tang. Never seen any fish attack him including my blue tang. Hope your's is just hiding somewhere. How big is your jawfish?