Hitchhiker ID

BigWyll

My mother found this on my LR. I don't think it is aptasia because it is more circular. I have found different pictures of majano online. But most are green and this is brown. Pictures were taken with my ipad.

post-2631916-130468014992_thumb.jpg

post-2631916-130468015157_thumb.jpg

post-2631916-130468015219_thumb.jpg

post-2631916-130468015281_thumb.jpg

I can't tell anything from the pics other then a nice purple rock but I always remove both majano and aiptasia from my tank when I find them.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some clearer pictures. Afeter I added more light

I also found an small jelly fish like insect that crawls along sides of my refugium. I say jelly fish like because it looks like a clear bubble with a tail. but slides along the glass. Having the worst time getting a picture of this thing.

post-2631916-130547646532_thumb.jpg

post-2631916-130547649049_thumb.jpg

I agree, button polyp, depending on the goals that you have for your system, I would still consider removing it.

Your description sounds like a flatworm (the type that tends to ebb and tide and sometimes vanish completely).

I'll third that, it looks like a button polyp. It does sound like a clear flatworm. The clear ones seem to be harmless and really don't seem to last long in the home reef from my experience.

Ive seen that in my tank before too(before a major crash so no doubt it died). I had no clue what it was, and my phone couldn't even get a picture that clear. So I look forward to seeing the results from the "reef intellectuals".:laugh: