Onyx clown - who breed them?

thewire

Anyone in here breed them? thanks

(edited)

Aren't the B&Ws in the club ocellaris? I thought onyx clowns are true perculas only (unlike misbars which could be either one).

Ok, here's what I just read a couple places. The b&w ocellaris are sometimes called Darwin ocellaris, because they are found around the Darwin Australia area, while b&w perculas are called onyx.

Edited by treesprite

Aren't the B&Ws in the club ocellaris? I thought onyx clowns are true perculas only (unlike misbars which could be either one).

Ok, here's what I just read a couple places. The b&w ocellaris are sometimes called Darwin ocellaris, because they are found around the Darwin Australia area, while b&w perculas are called onyx.

That is correct. If someone is looking for "onyx" clowns, they are darker bodied versions of Perculas, with black, white and orange colorations. I breed "black & whites" which are Ocellaris; and are completely black with white stripes (no orange). They are different species.

-Anthony

hmm someone told me someone in here breed them :( I knew about B&W clown. I bought a pair from ALmon

This is kind of clown I am looking for

BlackOnyxClownfish.jpg