GSP dying?

B216adkins

2011-04-22122352.jpgHello, I think my GSP are dying. The purple mat covered half the rock and now its only a quarter. The old mat is turning dark green.

Brandon, what are your levels at? Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate? Do you have any powerheads in the tank, or just the stock return pump? Have you been doing water changes? Something is going bad if you are losing them. Post some parameters, and we can get you back on track!

Are you using tap water?

Rosco - GSP = Green Star Polyps

Edited by BowieReefer84

Brandon, what are your levels at? Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate? Do you have any powerheads in the tank, or just the stock return pump? Have you been doing water changes? Something is going bad if you are losing them. Post some parameters, and we can get you back on track!

Are you using tap water?

Rosco - GSP = Green Star Polyps

Im not sure what my levels are, I only have the pump and heater in the tank. I use distilled water.

Distilled water is good. I use it and have no problems.

You really need to get your levels checked.

Maybe add a small koralia powerhead or maxijet of some sort to get more flow in the tank.

You really need to get your levels checked gsp is one of the easist corals to grow, but no worries your friends at wamas are here to help....it could be flow or high chemical implance.

You really need to get your levels checked gsp is one of the easist corals to grow, but no worries your friends at wamas are here to help....it could be flow or high chemical implance.

ok thank you FRIENDS. do either of you guys have a test?

I would go ahead and just pick up the basic API test kits for nitrate, alk, and calcium to start with.

The only time I have an issue with GSP doing that was because I moved it up in the tank and it got to much light.