Did my Clownfish lay eggs?

magnetic1

(edited)

Awesomeness:) what are you going to do let the tank eat them or try and raise them?

Unfortunatley I dont have any rotifers :( So this time around they will become tank food. Unless someone has a quick way of raising rotifers, I could possibly try to snag the fry out!

First time in about 6 years (actually I think more like 7-8) Ive seen the pair lay eggs. Ive had the pair since I started the hobby, and theyve both been through several tank crashes. This pair of clownfish were the original fish I used to cycle my 55G tank back in the day!! :O

Edited by magnetic1

thats freaking sweet, ive been hoping mine would but havent seent it yet, the first pair i had layed eggs like 2 weeks after i gave them to an old roomate for a wedding gift (along with the tank)

so you get a new car, new babies (lots of em) and free food.

pic looks pretty cool updside down unless you put lights under your tank

thats freaking sweet, ive been hoping mine would but havent seent it yet, the first pair i had layed eggs like 2 weeks after i gave them to an old roomate for a wedding gift (along with the tank)

so you get a new car, new babies (lots of em) and free food.

pic looks pretty cool updside down unless you put lights under your tank

Thanks :) Actually pic is rotated 90 degrees. Been watching the fish/eggs. Pretty neat to see them shoo away other fish and protect the eggs. The male also does this "biting the eggs" thing. I thought he was eating them at first, but there arent any eggs missing after he does this procedure. Ill post more pics when the eggs further develop.

Feel sad to see all the babies die :(