Booster Pump

Glenn

I just received the Typhoon III yesterday (THANK YOU) and am now able to see the very low water pressure that I am working with in my house supply (20-40psi). I ordered the Typhoon with the garden hose adapter and prefer to keep it that way.

Can the booster pump also be ordered with a garden hose male adapter on one end and a garden hose female adapter on the other?

Hello,

The booster pump is installed in-line ahead of the entire unit.

It has push-in fittings so basically, you cut the line from the supply to your water in and plug the unit in.

Simple as that! :biggrin:

The hardest part is actually getting the pressure set to what you want it to be. My warehouse guy has spent up to 2 hours on booster pumps trying to get them to boost the pressure. :cry: But, they do eventually get to where they need to be.

Let me know if you need anything else! PLEASE e-mail sales@airwaterice.com

with any questions, comments or concerns

-Marissa Mele

sales@airwaterice.com

Phone: 772-461-0256

Glenn you are not alone...I just got our typhoon extreme yesterday (HUGE THANKS!!) and just installed it this morning and we have the same PSI issue (actually the same range ironically) We were just discussing the booster pump as well....just wanted to let you know you have company with your misery :rolleyes:

This unit is awesome and I am so psyched to see it in action and will go and grab a booster for it so it can be at its full potential.

In my house, I boosted the pressure inside by adjusting the pressure regulator coming into the house. You need to be careful about this, adjusting a little bit at a time to ensure that you don't get leaky fixtures or toilets that won't shut off, but it's an easy fix for low pressure in a lot of our homes.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2159851_adjust-household-water-pressure.html

• 4 weeks later...

Did you guys order the booster pump? I just ordered mine since my PSI was in the same range... 38-40psi. I was just wondering if you guys had any tips on adjusting the pressure.

I ordered it and really, there are no tips ... just increase/decrease in small increments til you get the pressure you want.

• 2 months later...

I ordered it and really, there are no tips ... just increase/decrease in small increments til you get the pressure you want.

Just curious but when you adjust that hex/allen bolt does it eventually bottom out? I have turned it all the way in but it just keeps turning to no end. I wonder if I stripped the threads or not???