Mixing Salt Water

Rosco's Reefs

LOL, it decorates the inside of a closet!!

Yes, the thing is very fragile; the top 12ish inches is probably 1/4" OD glass tubing... It certainly doesn't take much to break one (I too have broken one... a feat that "grounded me from the tank" when I was a kid :) )

Yes the floating hydrometer break very easily. Its very hard to clean thousands of pieces of shot off the bottom of a bare bottom tank :mad: . I bought it when I was new and still use it to check the temp. I still use a alcohol thermometer since I also have a tendency to drop the electric ones into the tank. The first 2 electric ones each lasted less then a week, and I got about a month out of the third one before it took a swim. :wacko:

HAHA!!! let's pimp the closet!!! Or not... But yeah we had a 40 gal bow front reef tank bust out all over a class room. I got to pull everything from the tank and find a ton of glass in the sand...

Just wanted to add a word for the refractometer. I just got mine from Premium Aquatics on sale for $48 and I love it. No guess work, it just is. I frequently got different readings from my hydrometer, and was frustrated. I am too new at this for tools to have different opinions at times. Thx