I'm to lazy to scrape my tank thread

Guest tgallo

Guest cjm033

i have no idea why i use to like corraline so much, now i hate it since its started growing everywhere.

Guest tgallo

yes, its a sunken treasure. where the heck is my coraline scraper.

Guest tgallo
Tony

I think you don't need to hit the GYM, you will develop enough mussels after this workout.

29715[/snapback]

I know, thats one reason why its not been cleaned yet, i dread the day when i have to start scraping the front, anyone want to make $10.

I know, thats one reason why its not been cleaned yet, i dread the day when i have to start scraping the front, anyone want to make $10.

29717[/snapback]

Ten? Hah? I'll rent you my regulator and tank for $5, though.

Guest goblinshark

looks like my tank too..... i cant findf my stupid algae scrapper

Guest Leishman

$5.65/hr! I have some jobs for you then. My high school babysitters charge me $10/hr

Tony: I have a spare scraper any time you want to swing by and get it :lol:

Guest tgallo

yes there are, 1 sailfin tang, 1 regal angel, 1 purple tang, 1 yellow tang, 1 kole tang, etc.what, you cant see them, you must be blind.

Guest mightymouse

if the price is right ill scrape it for ya lol but you hafta buy the scraper

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping someone had posted a good algae scraper. Week 10, and I'm getting neon green and pink coraline on the front glass I want to get rid of :)

I have a few 'algae scrapers' but they don't do crap.

Guest Keyoke
I was hoping someone had posted a good algae scraper.  Week 10, and I'm getting neon green and pink coraline on the front glass I want to get rid of :)

I have a few 'algae scrapers' but they don't do crap.

31454[/snapback]

"Real Men" use their fingernails for coraline. ;)

Kent sells a nice plastic scraper with a long handle that's good at getting rid of Coraline. Or go to Home Depot and get a plastic wallpaper scraper, or putty knife, and that should take care of it. If you use a razor blade, make sure it's stainless, that you rinse off all the oil that comes from the manufacturing process, and throw it away after your done. Reusing 'em causes scratches.

I've found that those 3" plastic bladed walpaper scrapers work the best tho, and they're dirt cheap, usually less than a dollar. No worries about cutting sillicone, softies, or nicking your finger either with 'em. When they start to get beat up along the edge, just toss it and get a new one.

-jeff

Guest hmoore

Wow Tony! I hadn't seen the tank in a long time and am amazed. I don't envy you!

Guest Leishman

Tony:

Your reef keeping skills have always inspired me. I'm not quite there yet but I'm working on it.

CA.JPG

CA2.JPG

Rik

Guest hmoore

Tony and Rik,

Is it your intention to allow the coralline to completely cover the back & sides? Well, Rik I would guess that you would still like to have the side viewable since it's not an in-wall. (?)

Guest Leishman

I was out of town for a week, then too busy to scrape for a week. All that growth is in 14 days. It is clean now, it took 1hr 45 mins to do the front and 2 sides last night. I hope to clean the back this w/e.