Avast all in one systems?

Jager

Hey Dan/Justin back when Avast was GSA there was for a time an all in one package of equipment that was available for purchase. I do not remember the name of the unit, but after searching and reviewing various options, I was trying to price up a replacement for my outside the tank ETSS skimmer I have. I see the current deal on the all in one Avast cone skimmer with shutoffs autocleaning and skimmate locker ( around $435) but the skimmer seems to be insump only, which isnt a plug and play system for me (no insump room without possible issues.)

Do you all plan to make another total plug and play package like you once offered? I would prefer to not assemble parts as my handiness is questionable with health issues, so I would rather not kitbash your excellent skimmer into a possibly under performing external skimmer. The old GSA kit offered a plug and play answer by daisy chaining it into my current sump system and then plugging in the various motors. it was a bit out of my pricerange then, but it included media reactors and pumps and such so more then I need at the moment (I have pumps and such for sump to tank)

If this isnt something you currently offer or plan to offer in the near future (skimmer skimmate locker, and possibly a reactor vessel in its own housing), do you have any recommendations or insight on how the sicce pumps perform with a 2-3 foot rise instead of what appears to be a few inches? I cannot imagine it does good things for the skimmers overall efficieny and production, but that is about the height difference between the skimmer feed area of my sump, and the actual skimmer stand outside the sump.

Thanks for your time

Justin

Howdy Justin,

We currently do not have a external skimmer in the lineup. So with no sump, no pumps, no skimmer, plumbing etc, it would be an awfully sparse "all in one" :-)

Perhaps adding a Swabbie to your existing skimmer would give you the upgrade your looking for with limited up front cost. We have put them on beckett/downdraft skimmers and users have reported just as good of results as the nw skimmers. There are plenty unbiased reviews on the net as to the effectiveness of the device.

I have read about the swabbie in various reviews and am as always very impressed with your work Dan.

i have an evo 750 skimmer with the downdraft tube in the center of the skimmer so the swabbie wont work without changing how it works sadly. i would need to make a new top plate that spins a central cirle around the downdraft feed with he squeegee attached there to clean the neck and downdraft tube. pretty much more work then it is worth i have been told, though i do have some drawings of how it could be done.

I do really like the skimmers you have produced from the g series on, just guess I need to bite the bullet and build or buy another sump to chain in to make it fit well.

Dan due to my disabilities it may be a bit beyond me to properly glue your skimmer together, how much extra is it to have the skimmer glued together by Avast? i saw the "save approximately 30% by building it yourself" picture but you don't list a price in your built by avast section.

Thanks again

Justin

Edited by Jager

I have read about the swabbie in various reviews and am as always very impressed with your work Dan.

i have an evo 750 skimmer with the downdraft tube in the center of the skimmer so the swabbie wont work without changing how it works sadly. i would need to make a new top plate that spins a central cirle around the downdraft feed with he squeegee attached there to clean the neck and downdraft tube. pretty much more work then it is worth i have been told, though i do have some drawings of how it could be done.

I do really like the skimmers you have produced from the g series on, just guess I need to bite the bullet and build or buy another sump to chain in to make it fit well.

Dan due to my disabilities it may be a bit beyond me to properly glue your skimmer together, how much extra is it to have the skimmer glued together by Avast? i saw the "save approximately 30% by building it yourself" picture but you don't list a price in your built by avast section.

Thanks again

Justin

I'm more than happy to put the skimmer together for you as well.

good to see you on here.

Hey chip, it is nice to be back. I guess i will post a "I am back" thread in the proper area. Thank you for the offer I will pm you.

Dan how long do you figure the sale with the pump skimmate locker and swabbie will go? Is this something I could pay you a down payment for to lock in the awesome deal? I have the skim mate container from the evo 750 as well, i do not know if it is retro fittable or not, but it does have a 3/4 inch threaded piece for tubing in as well as the golfball/air escape section. depending on your output tubing from your Skimmer, could i retrofit the containers top to fit your pressure switch? I do not know if i could hold more with your skimmate container or my current one, although yous looks alot nicer to maintain and clean. mine is 6" x 12"

pictures of the container here

psxAEAWL.jpg

Thanks

Justin

Edited by Jager

Justin,

If you want, you can buy just the skimmer now, and I will honor the current "add on" prices for the other items whenever your budget allows.

Here is the link to the built version: http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/product/proteinskimmers/CS1

We do actually have a built test model in stock that I can sell at the kit price. We need it for a few more weeks as it was built to test a new pump we are working on, but after that your welcome to it.

Dan

Justin,

If you want, you can buy just the skimmer now, and I will honor the current "add on" prices for the other items whenever your budget allows.

Here is the link to the built version: http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/product/proteinskimmers/CS1

We do actually have a built test model in stock that I can sell at the kit price. We need it for a few more weeks as it was built to test a new pump we are working on, but after that your welcome to it.

Dan

Dan, you're a good guy. Thumbs up!

dan you have PM, let me know if that is workable or not. Thanks for being so flexible.

Did some measuring and stretching and should be able to fit it in the "skimmer" chamber of my sump with about 1 inch to spare, assuming the 9x12 still applies.

Sure thing! The 9x12 is accurate.

re: waste collector. We use 1/2" clear sch40 for the sensor tube. All you would need to do is drill out or dremel a .84" diameter hole and the tube would fit in nicely. In this case it would be better to get out top off kit for $69.00 and use that (same device) plus you would get some free magnet mounts that could be useful for another project.