Apex and DIY LED wiring

Fazio92

So i tried hooking up my DIY LEDs to the Apex yesterday, but wasn't having any success. First, This is the list of equipment i am using: an RJ45 wire (ethernet cable) to connect to the v1/v2 port on the Apex, ELN 60-48D dimmable ballast, 12 LEDs, 9v power supply. Ok i have wired everything a few times and it worked (turned on/off), but never dimmed. It only worked when i added the 9v power supply, but i thought the v1/v2 port acted as a 0-10v power supply? Any how, i was following this guide: http://reeftech.webs.com/Apex%20New%20User%20Guide.pdf. Any quick an dirty diagrams would be really helpful right now as i'm not sure how to move forward. Thanks!

-Anthony

Ok so have have the LED running now, without the 9v adapter. My only question is why am i getting 14v from the Apex vs1 connection to the ballast? Also, it still will not dim and i am using all the codes that i have found online??? Please help

Anthony,

I had the same problems you are having. I have an LED setup that I wanted to dim with my apex and never could get it to work right. I too was getting incorrect voltage. I contacted Neptune and they had me send the whole unit in. They sent it back and it still didn't work correctly. I just gave up. They claimed I plugged something in the ports to screw up the voltage.

Anthony,

You should be able to measure the voltage coming out of your Apex with a multimeter and see that it ranges from 0V - 10V.

Can you draw up how everything is wired?

I got it to work but every configuration i do i only get between 6-8v max. It dims using the 6v configuration, but i dont think i am using its full potential. i am using the green and white/blue wires from the RJ45.

I got it to work, 1 power supply into the EB8, then the RJ45 into the vs1 port. The only thing now is that i was only about to achieve 8v max, but that was actually more intensity then i need anyhow even at running 60%.

It is NOT a power supply. It provides a logic level circuit only. You need to power your LEDs from something else.