Hole in head... Sick fish... Need metro+hole-in-head/lateral line treatment???

Justin

My fish start get hole in head..I look internet that I need metro+ hole-in-head.. Or do I need something else?? Any idea??? Or where I can find those medication in LFS?? Thanks

Do you mean metronidazole?

Call around to some pet stores in your area. The stuff is apparently sold over the counter for aquarium use. (http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/AquariumMedication2.html)

Here's something on how to use it:

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/metranidazole.htm

Do you mean metronidazole?

No .. Different one.. I know the one u talking about.. But there some thing call ' metro+ hole in head".. That's Wat I need .. Thanks

What fish is it? How long have you had it? Can you post a picture?

This is what he is looking for. It does contain metronidazole.

http://www.petland.com/hikari-metro-plus-treats-34oz.html

Got it. Metronidazole plus some extra stuff to make it a proprietary formulation.

Since that's a petland link, give the Fairfax store (Petland) a call and see if they have it in stock. They're off Main Street and are also a WAMAS sponsor. Ask for "Metro+ (Metro-plus)."

Thanks .. I will stop by them tomrrow anyway. So Wat else I need beside that.. Rite now he is in 10 gallon tang.. Blue hiphop yellow belly.. Thanks

Justin, I feel that hole in the head is often brought on by water quality issues and nutritional issues, compounded by stress. How big is this fish and what is its diet? How long has this been developing and what is the quality of the water? If it developed this in the 10 gallon, that's probably a big reason why it developed it in the first place.

I have had fish with hole in the head that recovered when I improved overall water quality and also improved diet (plenty of nori with vitamins helped out a great deal).

Justin, I feel that hole in the head is often brought on by water quality issues and nutritional issues, compounded by stress. How big is this fish and what is its diet? How long has this been developing and what is the quality of the water? If it developed this in the 10 gallon, that's probably a big reason why it developed it in the first place.

I have had fish with hole in the head that recovered when I improved overall water quality and also improved diet (plenty of nori with vitamins helped out a great deal).

A guy from Wammas give me for free.. He was sick ..before he has velvet .. And start has hole in head only 2 .. But I don't Wy since I change food .. It grow up more.. I think u are rite.. Maybe I let him eat seafood( scallost, shrimp cod, etc...) he was my 120 gallons .. Now I move him to my qt tank which 10 gallons.. He was doing good..and now hold in head grow up more.. Huh..

Justin, I feel that hole in the head is often brought on by water quality issues and nutritional issues, compounded by stress. If it developed this in the 10 gallon, that's probably a big reason why it developed it in the first place.

I agree with all of that.

I have never had any fish gets this condition in my care but I have taken in a bunch of fish that had the condition. I was never able to reverse the damage or get them to recover but it did stop from spreading.

If you can catch it early on, it can recover better than with lateral line erosion. I would avoid all of the seafood and concentrate more on an herbivorous diet for this guy. Lots and lots of nori as well as any macroalgae that it will eat.