Lousy Photography

paul b

I read through all 175 pages of my new camera book and now I can either take yellow looking pictures or blue tinted pictures. Some day I will be able to take normal pictures

IMG_0833.jpg

Same tank, same lighting, same camera.

IMG_0781.jpg

Make believe the lighting is in between these pictures

IMG_0820.jpg

Guest thefishman65

Paul, Why would you want normal pictures? I have read a lot of what you have written. i would say neither you or your tank is normal :) They look sharp, but it seems everyone has trouble with color. Some have said RAW mode work well.

(edited)

Thanks Fishman but you would think that after taking pictures of my tanks for 55 years I would have it down to a science. Film pictures were much easier and came out better.

But then again, I also prefer a pencil and paper to a computer.

I have been trying to figure how to take pictures in RAW but I can't find anything about that in the instructions which go into detail about everything that you don't want to know. :blink:

PS that blue blur, hippo tang is not out of focus, he really looks like that in his see through mode. :rolleyes:

Edited by paul b

I would look into a viewer box to take pictures with. Cameras try to set the white balance for natural conditions. The lighting we use on our tanks is not natural. Sometimes it's difficult to get a good photo.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

(edited)

I am gettin there. Here is what I just did using Photo Explosion

puffer012-2.jpg

That is the original

This is the improved copy.

puffer012-1.jpg

Edited by paul b

Aquarium photos are hard for lots of reasons. To make the color right, you should find the preset white balance setting that's closest to real life, then post-process using a white balance tool. Don't fiddle much with saturation or the pics will look unnatural without you realizing it.

Good luck and have fun! Before you know it you'll be taking crazy beautiful pictures.