Got a swabbie

SkiCurtis

So I got a swabbie for Christmas and the thing is awesome. My question is the collection cup has some thick dark skimmate that collects on the cup and sticks to the cup,not go over as wet skimmate.I run Ozone through my bubble king and it seems like it clomps more from running ozone. Like the directions say I Guess I need to increase the water level so its always wet.

I skim pretty wet and that sludge builds up in my riser tube near the top. It usually builds up to about 1/4" and I spray it off with a hose when I clean the collection cup. I have not noticed any decrease in the efficiency of the skimmer due to this, have you?

I did not know if the clump in the riser was not as good as the wet skim juice.Or its just is differant.And I did not want the clumps falling in to the skimmer fro the swabbie.Also this is a bubble king mini 200 in sump skimmer. but I did notice that when using the ozone it seems to clump more. As soon as I get more cash I want a ozone dispursing unit.another possible future Avast purchase :)

I get lots of thick gunk in the tube and under the lid. I try to keep it cleaned off because I "feel" like it messes up the efficiency of the skimmer. The gunk creates a rough surface for the water trying to keep up a good foam - not sure if that is a good or a bad thing, I'm just assuming it's bad. I like seeing the gunk though, because it means it isn't in the tank.

Hi Dan the dark gunk is on the inside neck toward the top.

Might just need to bring the blade out a touch more, although skimming a little bit wetter will help keep your lid cleaner for longer if you go that route (suggested, not required).